Five Ways to be There for Your Child
How can a parent bond with their children? 5 tips a parent can follow to spend quality time with their child and build a relationship of trust and companionship. In turn, parents will discover the joy of parenting, and the child will find a father or a mother who cares and who is also their best friend.
Finding the time to bond with your kid is an important thing…and a tough one. With a demanding job, pressing appointments and only 24 hours in a day to spend, it is not unusual that a parent can hardly find time to be with his children.
The usual parent would be up early in the morning, take his breakfast and rush off to a 9 to 5 job, and to beat the traffic, this would be an early exit from the house when the children would probably still be sleeping. When the children are awake and at home, he is in the office or working in the field. And when he returns from work, especially if he works overtime, it will be somewhat late at night with the children already sleeping and in bed.
The dilemma of a parents is indeed to find time to spend with their children and to bond and foster a relationship with their children.
A relationship requires time to be formed. It requires time to be nurtured. It requires care and attention to establish. It requires understanding of the children needs.
What then should a parent do?
Consider these 5 tips:
- Deliberately establish a portion of your time weekly to be with your child.
- Plan to make sure the time spent with your child is quality time.
- Dedicate the time with your child solely to enjoying the time spent with him and forget whatever other business is in your mind at that time!
- Share experiences, skills, and transfer knowledge to your children when you spend time with them.
- Consider your child a replica of yourself years back when you were their age – you will do your best to draw near to them and project warmth and understanding of their needs for their age.
Establishing a relationship with your child takes effort, time and priority. There is no way out and no substitute. In the process you can find tremendous joy in knowing you have bonded with your kid, and have enjoyed his trust and companionship, and he in turn has found you to be a parent, a father or a mother, and his best friend.
KLAC ENTERPRISES, LLC/Buckaroo Buckeye™/Nuts About Reading™